- Free beer anyone? New 'Brewer's Gold' cheese from @Knockdrinna launching in @TaphouseDublin at 6.30 this eve: see http://t.co/oXsaTtAIRA #
- This is genius. #SantaBrandBook http://t.co/wimud1MgNP #
- @IrishFoodGuide ah thank you! Next up this Friday is @ForestAveDublin - great to have so many new places to review! #
- @DonnybrookFair excellent. I'll walk there to build up an appetite ;) #
- Remember when airlines plied us with free booze and supermarkets fed us while we shopped? So do @DonnybrookFair... http://t.co/5Hv7d4Qqky #
- @EttoMerrionRow oh that's for sure... In fact, planning to pop in for a voucher this eve, so see you in a bit! #
- Loving Lynda Booth's new cookbook. Great recipes from @Dublin_Cookery School & lots of brilliantly told stories. http://t.co/jPr8l7msbk #
- @louisemjoreilly thanks missy! #
Category Archives: Wine
It’s that time of year when everyone’s writing lists and checking them twice. My hairdresser has all her presents bought (well, 42 of them) and wrapped. I know: it’s not even December yet, for jeebus-jumpers sake! So, I’ve made a list too. My very own wishlist of what I would love to receive from family, friends or enemies looking to lure me into a false sense of security. I’ll admit that some of them are more realistic than others, but a girl can but dream. So, in no particular order, here follows my Fantasy Festive Food & Wine Wishlist (as it appeared in IMAGEdaily, only with links, and some pix in case my words don’t cut it for you)… Read the rest of this entry
If you’re in the market for a mid-week treat, and if a top-notch five-course dinner with gorgeous matching wines presented by an internationally renowned wine-maker sounds like your bag, then you are indeed in for a treat this week. Read the rest of this entry
Most of us like a glass of wine or two, whether we know much about it or not. And most of us at least know what kinda wine we generally like. But it’s always fun to get a little bit outside of your comfort zone and try something you mightn’t ordinarily get a chance to try, and maybe learn a little about it while you’re at it. And if you can get to taste a few new wines without having to pay for the pleasure, all the better right? So, today I’m giving you not one but TWO chances to sip and savour wine FOR FREE!
Read the rest of this entry
Don’t you love this time of year? The leaves are finally turning, Halloween has got us back in the party spirit and the December diary is starting to fill up with get-togethers of old pals who don’t see enough of eachother and reunions with loved ones returning to these shores. Any week now and we’ll be saddling up and heading across the festive frontier, so it’s a great time to give some thought to what supplies you might want to bring there with you.
With this in mind, I thought it timely to remind you of two excellent wine fairs happening this weekend, both in aid of great charities (not to mention in aid of the betterment of your festivities). Read the rest of this entry
That’s right. Apparently the Superquinn sausage is 33 years of age today. That’s how long it took Jesus to really nail his legendary status, and as I don’t need to tell any of you, the long-legendary Superquinn sausage achieved that many years ago. Read the rest of this entry