- @audreymcjones @DundrumTC @fightngblindnes sorry can't make it but best of luck with the evening! #
- @dudara @SuperMissSue @travelchannel @julieon loved the grits! So busy talking and eating I forgot to get any photos of it but it was delish #
- @DalkeyCreates @mermaiddalkey really looking forward to it! #
- @Amusedublin looks gorgeous & sounds like things have kicked off well for you guys. Look fwd to checking the place out. Congrats! #
- @KrawczykRob @Tankardstown I guess I'll have to visit to find out what that might taste like! Btw did you all find a suitable burger on Sun? #
- @KrawczykRob @Tankardstown interesting looking dish Robbie (& beautiful) - what's the white powdery element? #
- RT @amcteirnan: http://t.co/y4g6ScEJZJ #
- @signesjohansen p.s. Lots of great coffee shops, cafés, cocktail bars, markets etc - let me know what you're after! #
Category Archives: Wild food
It’s funny the things that stay with you. One of my highlights of last week’s incredible food trip was a quiet walk around the island that Waterford Castle calls home. I knew there was a special week ahead, and that walk served to work up my appetite both physically and mentally for all that was to come. On my way back towards the first meal of the trip (which you can read more about here) I dawdled for a nibble on the carpet of wild garlic laid out on the woodlands floor. Read the rest of this entry
We need to talk. I haven’t been blogging much in recent weeks. I feel I need to explain.
You might think it’s because I’ve been busy off living my life, not giving you a second thought. But quite the contrary. It’s not me I’ve been thinking about, it’s you. Or to be more precise, your food.
Yes, the future of your food has been quite the recurring theme in my offline life of late. Read the rest of this entry
WHAT? The inaugural Wild & Slow Festival, heralded by organisers as “Europe’s largest wild food harvest market”. An ambitious claim, but this is an ambitious event. The result of months of very careful planning (see below) will be a wild harvest market, two days of wild food workshops and a Slow Food/Wild Food Dinner celebrating Wicklow’s Harvest on Saturday night.
WHEN? 19 & 20 November 2011
WHERE? BrookLodge Hotel, Macreddin Village (just outside Aughrim), Co Wicklow Read the rest of this entry
If it was an insect it would be a bumble bee. If it was a sound it would be a big brass band. If it was a colour it would be the sunshine yellow of sand buckets on the beach. And if it was a game it would be tennis, played on a grass court in the shimmer of high summer.
What am I talking about? Gorse, of course. Read the rest of this entry