- Yum! Just inhaled a salad box from Lolly & Cooks. Those gals know how to do salad. Perfect for this pretty spring day! #
- @8degreesbrewing @newsofthecurd yep, certainly did! #
- @etienneshrdlu ...the upr floors were supposed to be offices & swanky restaurant, became gov dept offices & canteen - w/ gold domes & views! #
- @etienneshrdlu crèche, bar, cinema, left luggage & really beautiful top floor restaurant w/ mosaic covered balconies & gold domes inside... #
- Said to hear #PatScott talk about the "civilised facilities" that the "departure shed" Busaurus has become used to have #rte #
- Excellent! Patrick Scott: Golden Boy just started on RTE1. Lovely. A nice reminder to pop into IMMA tmrow. http://t.co/IGCWzPp1NR #
- Two of the best of many highlights at @newsofthecurd supper tonight. Nice work Kevin, Robin & @8degreesbrewing! http://t.co/YfHT85xUPK #
- “@libertygrill: Nice of @menupages_ie to threaten us, when we asked them to remove their booking system. http://t.co/X2vkZh9LaJ” ouch! #
Category Archives: Wild food
It’s funny the things that stay with you. One of my highlights of last week’s incredible food trip was a quiet walk around the island that Waterford Castle calls home. I knew there was a special week ahead, and that walk served to work up my appetite both physically and mentally for all that was to come. On my way back towards the first meal of the trip (which you can read more about here) I dawdled for a nibble on the carpet of wild garlic laid out on the woodlands floor. Read the rest of this entry
We need to talk. I haven’t been blogging much in recent weeks. I feel I need to explain.
You might think it’s because I’ve been busy off living my life, not giving you a second thought. But quite the contrary. It’s not me I’ve been thinking about, it’s you. Or to be more precise, your food.
Yes, the future of your food has been quite the recurring theme in my offline life of late. Read the rest of this entry
WHAT? The inaugural Wild & Slow Festival, heralded by organisers as “Europe’s largest wild food harvest market”. An ambitious claim, but this is an ambitious event. The result of months of very careful planning (see below) will be a wild harvest market, two days of wild food workshops and a Slow Food/Wild Food Dinner celebrating Wicklow’s Harvest on Saturday night.
WHEN? 19 & 20 November 2011
WHERE? BrookLodge Hotel, Macreddin Village (just outside Aughrim), Co Wicklow Read the rest of this entry
If it was an insect it would be a bumble bee. If it was a sound it would be a big brass band. If it was a colour it would be the sunshine yellow of sand buckets on the beach. And if it was a game it would be tennis, played on a grass court in the shimmer of high summer.
What am I talking about? Gorse, of course. Read the rest of this entry