- @keithbohanna sounds great, sorry I won't make it down, hopefully catch another of them sometime soon #
- RT @keithbohanna: 20th Sept Meet the Roasters http://t.co/IGey6xe7dw find out why good coffee costs a little bit more & how you can get the most from them ;) #
- 'Rest' "@WhispersNewsLTD: Paisley Passes Away After Losing Long Hard Battle With Hatred http://t.co/davSWIjsrJ #ianpaisley #nevernevernever” #
- RT @NemoSisterOTM: Brilliant! Martin Rowson on Ian Paisley – cartoon http://t.co/ZmdejI7tWE Amazing that in just a few hours the artist can produce this #
- @IBrosnan @elywinebars myself and @forkncork met him at the Consejo HQ in Jerez I believe. You'll be in for a treat I would think. #
- RT @elywinebars: #SherryLovers -Exclusive Tasting at #elyChq on Wed 17th Sept with Cesar Saldaña. Register at http://t.co/ah9CpJSP2t http://t.co/KIYbhddvjd #
- RT @Dublin_Cookery: @Holymackers John Wyer (Forest Avenue) is teaching a class this Sat - a great opportunity to learn from a top chef! http://t.co/vDowAM6wuF #
- RT @No1Culinarian: Spent the day finalising recipes for SKILLET, starts tomorrow w @CHCIreland @KitchenLarder @Holymackers @Declanmaxwell Mei Chin Tommy Bergin #
Category Archives: Cooking fish
It occurred to me that lemon sole is one of those fish I tend to overlook, maybe cos the fillets can be very small and are often overcooked and bland. I popped by my nearest fish counter on the way home and picked up three fillets for €1.60. When I got home I wrapped them in foil with some of the gnarlier bits of a fennel bulb, a few wedges of lemon, lots of black pepper and a little olive oil, and preheated the oven to about 200C.
This is not the kind of thing one normally wakes up thinking.
Hmm, today I think I’ll go waste my money buying all sorts of ingredients which aren’t already lurking in my over-stocked dry store cupboards, and then I’ll spend way longer than necessary mixing them all together, and then – when I go to put them into my pre-heated oven with the desire that alchemy will transform said ingredients into a moist, warm, almond-dense appley cake over which I’ll pour my very posh home made ginger crème fraiche as friends applaud in wide-eyed, sugar-hungry anticipation – then I’ll notice that my ‘pre-heated’ oven is cool, and so I’ll fiddle with oven knobs until the fickle on-off light comes on and then I’ll wait another age and then I’ll put my cake-to-be into the now-hot oven, and then I’ll go do something else while this thing of potential beauty burns. Read the rest of this entry
Do you eat the skin off your fish? The answer probably depends on what visual that question cues up for you. If the words ‘fish skin’ bring to mind a slithery, wobbly layer of grey chewiness insulated by another layer … Read the rest of this entry